Content and technical conditions for professionals
Contributors create a DROPSTUFF.nl account for contribution.
The theme of DROPSTUFF.nl is Freedom of speech in relation to digital media and contemporary youth culture. An important condition is that the audience at our mobile pavilion or DS_HOTSPOT can interact with the work. Meaning that the audience can participate through movement sensors, Text Messages, a touch screen or Bluetoothtechnology (means that are installed in our hardware).
DROPSTUFF.nl strives for a rich variation in interaction possibilities, with special attention for online coupling and (urban) gaming. Our preference are artworks that connect different locations through the DS_HOTSPOT network.
Conditions for contributions
Within your DS_Account you can send us a concept, a CV and maybe some pictures. Attention: in the first instance you don’t send us an artwork but a description of your idea.
If you’ve received a reaction from our redaction, you will be send a digital framework (Flash). In the end you send us by post or by a server your end product.
Proffesional artworks have a resolution of 1152 by 320 pixels and will be shown fullscreen on the DS_HOTSPOT network. All DS_HOTSPOTS are connected through internet, by means of content, webcams and microphones. That way, interchange is possible between different locations.
The end product has to be delivered as a .swf Flashfile in Actionscript 2. It has a maximum playing time of 10 minutes. DROPSTUFF.nl offers online technical support concerning the connection of your work on our technical program. We do not offer production.
Participation, copyrights and mentioning.
With your contribution you agree on the following:
- DROPSTUFF.nl is a stage, your contribution is voluntarily. There are no mutual financial obligations.
- With publication or broadcasting, DROPSTUFF.nl will always show the name of the artist and the artwork.
- The artwork will be intellectual property of the artist or designer.
- Pleinmuseum Foundation at Amsterdam has the right to submit the artwork to her digital collection and publish it as such.
- Pleinmuseum Foundation at Amsterdam has the right of showing the artwork as a whole or partly within the context of the project DROPSTUFF.nl. Not limited in time or frequency. Also outside of specific programming.